Annabel is an Accredited Specialist in Family Law. She started her career in 2007 as Deputy Associate to a Judge of the Federal Circuit Court and this experience provided Annabel with an in depth understanding of the family law court process. From 2009 until 2014, Annabel was a corporate solicitor at King & Wood Mallesons and worked mostly in the Mergers and Acquisitions team. During her time at the firm, Annabel was seconded to the Australia Human Rights Commission and Westpac.
The skills Annabel acquired through working as a corporate solicitor greatly assist Annabel in her role as a family law solicitor. Annabel advises clients on various aspects of family law and is also a capable advocate. She has worked exclusively in family law since 2016.
Annabel’s areas of expertise include:
- Property settlements and litigation, including matters with substantial asset pools and complex structures;
- Complex parenting cases, including matters involving serious allegations of family violence;
- Spousal maintenance and adult child maintenance;
- Child support;
- Injunctions and restraining orders;
- Drafting Financial Agreements;
- Litigation involving the validity of a Financial Agreement; and
- Divorce applications.
Annabel has volunteered at the Refugee Advisory Casework Service and the Women’s Legal Service NSW.
Annabel was admitted to practice in October 2007.
- Accredited Specialist (Family Law)
- Collaborative Practice Training 2021
- Master of Laws, University of Sydney, 2020
- Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice;
- Bachelor of Laws (Honours), University of Sydney, 2006
- Bachelor of Arts (Music), University of Sydney, 2000
- Member – Family Law Section of the Law Council
- Member – Law Society of NSW
- Member – The Australian Association of Collaborative Professionals