Annabel is an Accredited Specialist in Family Law and joined Sexton Family Law in 2016. She started her career in 2007 as Deputy Associate to a Judge of the Federal Circuit Court (formerly known as the Federal Magistrates Court) and this experience provided Annabel with an in depth understanding of the court process. From 2009 until 2014, Annabel was a corporate solicitor at King & Wood Mallesons and worked mostly in the Mergers and Acquisitions team. During her time at the firm, Annabel was seconded to the Australia Human Rights Commission and Westpac.
The skills Annabel acquired through working as a corporate solicitor greatly assist Annabel in her role as a family law solicitor. Annabel advises clients on various aspects of family law and is also a capable advocate.
Annabel’s experience includes:
• Property matters (negotiated agreements, mediation, conciliation and litigation);
• Parenting matters (negotiated agreements and litigation);
• Child support matters;
• and Divorce applications.
Annabel has volunteered at the Refugee Advisory Casework Service and is a former member of the NSW Young Lawyers Family Law Committee.
Annabel was admitted to practice in October 2007.
• Accredited Specialist (Family Law)
• Bachelor of Arts, University of Sydney, 2004
• Bachelor of Laws (Honours), University of Sydney, 2006
• Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice;
• Nearing completion: Master of Laws, University of Sydney
• Member – Family Law Section of the Law Council
• Member – Law Society of NSW