Janine is an Accredited Specialist in Family Law and has worked exclusively in family law since joining the team at Sexton Family Law in 2013. Janine is passionate about providing clients with clear advice and strategically planning alongside clients the progress of their matter. Janine advises clients on a range of family law issues, from property matters to difficult parenting matters.
Prior to joining the team at Sexton Family Law, Janine worked in the office of a Federal Member of Parliament and later managed the office of a State Member of Parliament for several years. This experience has provided Janine with interpersonal and negotiation skills that are a valuable attribute to practising in family law.
Janine’s experience includes:
- Property settlements and litigation, including matters involving complex structures with multiple entities and matters involving assets held overseas;
- Acting for third parties in property matters, including litigation before the Federal Circuit and Family Court of Australia;
- Complex parenting matters relating to the care of children and litigation in relation to those issues, including relocation cases;
- Child support;
- Spousal maintenance and adult child maintenance;
- Injunctions and restraining orders;
- Drafting and advising on a range of Financial Agreements; and
- Divorce applications.
Janine was admitted to practice in February 2014.
- Accredited Specialist (Family Law)
- B. Comm / LLB
- Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice
- Member of Law Society of New South Wales
- Member of NSW Young Lawyers – Family Law Committee
- Member of Family Law Section of the Law Council of Australia